Does this look legit?

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Lt.Chuck

Does this look legit?

Post by Lt.Chuck »

so i made an account on a website to day and got this email

Hello,
My name is Miss. samanta Efemena from ivory coast in west Africa presently residing
in Dakar senegal. I was impressed when i saw your profile at(www.dcg.****.de) and will like to
establish friendship with you. In addition,i will like you to reply me through
my private e mail box(**********@yahoo.co.uk) so that i will give you my picture
and more about me,but remember that distance,age and colour dose not matter,
what matters is the true love and understanding.
Thanks waiting to hear from you soonest.
Miss SAMANTA.
Lin

Re: Does this look legit?

Post by Lin »

Hello [please insert your name here],

I am a Russian princess named Svetlana Popopaya, residing in Russia. Your online profile (nickname, sex and location) really turned me on and I would like to use your money so I can come visit you in Americana and then run before I get deported. I will send you a picture of my cousin who is prettier than me...well, I'm not sure if she really is my cousin or not, but she could be. I am much older than you (although you didn't give your age) but age doesn't really matter when you fall in love with an online profile, does it? Well it feels like love because I get these butterflies in my stomach when I look at your profile...or it could be the peroshki I ate last night...but I think it's butterflies. Remember that my old age, color and distance and weight doesn't really matter if we're truly in love. You love me, don't you? Our profiles are just alike...well except that I am supposed to be female and our nicknames aren't really that close. And we're 3,500 miles away. But oh, just writing to your profile makes me want to swoon, it MUST be love! Or the peroshki.

Write back to me soon, my dearest!

Ms Svetlana (they said I can't use "Miss" until I am again)
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Post by RoLnRoCk »

To Mr. Rolnrock Sir,,,
Yes this is Djibouti Karsham III of Nairobi, Kenya and I am most pleased to inform you that you are the recipient of 6,000,000,000 (6 billions) U.S. dollars payable to you. This is for a settlement of the Rolnrock family estate and your long lost cousin Garjagoob. To claim this amount you must sent your full name, home address, social securitys numbers, your drivers license, birth certificate, house key, and all your credit cards and account numbers for processing. Please mail to me soon for your great money!! I am looking forard to your contact and thank you for your help in this matter.
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

my wife got one of those kinda emails once back in 2001, and she replied to it....next thing she knew i was on her doorstep............wtf?!
LF55

Post by LF55 »

Wait, does this mean the I-Pod and Dell Laptop won't be coming? :(
How can you shoot women or children?
Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

Lev_Nougol

Post by Lev_Nougol »

Demonic wrote:my wife got one of those kinda emails once back in 2001, and she replied to it....next thing she knew i was on her doorstep............wtf?!
Demonic got one of those kinda emails once back in 2010, and he replied to it....next thing he knew I was on his doorstep............wtf?!
~)_